INGSOC Discussion Area
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Should We Do With the Tax System?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Should We Do With the Tax System? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Should We Do With the Tax System?

Post  Erepublic000 Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:51 pm

i need the party's opinion on that and come to think of it on all the propsals on taxes we've made
Erepublic000
Erepublic000
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What Should We Do With the Tax System? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Should We Do With the Tax System?

Post  frankblott Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:54 pm

Good point we just need to get some agreement on this and then we can move on.

P.S. This topic has suddenly become popular!
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Erepublic000 Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:57 pm

all party members raeding this please post YOUR opinion because that is who's opinion actually matters
Erepublic000
Erepublic000
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parrington Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:17 pm

mike_fletcher wrote:i agree a high VAT on moving tickets would be acceptable. who would want to leave the eUK anyway? Razz

I agree completely- this would be a step in the right direction.

Parrington

Back to top Go down

Post  coram_boy Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:17 am

remember, if you raise taxes too much, then people lose jobs, businesses collapse, and people can't afford to pay their employees. You need to make certain that the right infrastructure is in place before you change anything. Income tax is at 30% on all stuff now, by the way Smile which means more money to spend on the CivGuns scheme, more damage, and more cheap weapons Smile
coram_boy
coram_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 am

It would be great to create more schemes similar to Civguns but for other things such as food for the desperate, at reduced prices
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coram_boy Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:26 am

TBH we can just give food to the desparate, they only have to apply - the MoW has a surplus anyway Wink The gifting hub helps, as well. Besides, if you live in london, you don't really need food; you can just fight and heal Very Happy
coram_boy
coram_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:30 am

It still makes more sense to just use food, as if you lose 4 health a day it means you can't fight as much
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coram_boy Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:32 am

I agree, I'm just pointing the possibility out Smile
coram_boy
coram_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:35 am

I think making Q2 food cheaper or more easily accesible would greatly help people to keep their health and therefore damage up as well as being generally useful
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Erepublic000 Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:50 am

I think Frankblot makes a good point, however we must be careful not to reduce the price too far we a) need at least some support from the company owners b) Are already going to substancally reduce weapon prices c) need to maintain a steady flow of tax money to fund other INGSOC plans e.g more state owned compaines

Last edited by Erepublic000 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erepublic000
Erepublic000
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:53 am

Shall we conduct a survey on which sort of food people use and why, so that we can better examine this issue?
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coram_boy Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:55 am

This was done a few months ago IIRC. The answer for the majority of people was Q2, because they only needed to restore health from training, IIRC.
coram_boy
coram_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:57 am

hmm... I use Q1 but I suppose that is the miser in me
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coram_boy Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:06 am

Still, that doesn't take noobs into account. The problem is, we can't supply everyone because of the low retention rate of eRepublik, meaning that we are basically wasting 4/5 pieces of bread. The welcoming team gives Q2 bread to anyone that asks for it, though.
coram_boy
coram_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:11 pm

coram_boy wrote:This was done a few months ago IIRC. The answer for the majority of people was Q2, because they only needed to restore health from training, IIRC.

Although those on the IRC may not be indicative of the whole of the eUK
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coram_boy Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:18 am

IIRC stands for If I Remember Correctly Neutral not In IRC Very Happy
coram_boy
coram_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum