INGSOC Discussion Area
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CP Elections

5 posters

Go down

CP Elections Empty CP Elections

Post  KaisKais Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Where do INGSOC stand on this? I understand you may have to support a party's candidate if they are offering you a chance to run for congress.

KaisKais

Back to top Go down

CP Elections Empty Re: CP Elections

Post  harry brownn Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Nothing has been completely agreed for the CP elections so far with any other party. what we will probaly do is put up a INGSOC candidate again. I *think* it will be myself this time. obviously we dont aim to win or even come close, its just a good way of getting our party known. Also due to my activity in IRC and the navy, my name is known quite well... i hope we can beat the 5% we got last time!
harry brownn
harry brownn

Back to top Go down

Post  Erepublic000 Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Harry Brown is correct he will be our next cp candidate
Erepublic000
Erepublic000
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:17 pm

Good luck Harry! I'm sure you will easily get an increase on our last total.
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coram_boy Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:12 pm

This is all personal opinion from another party member from here on, so feel free to ignore it completely.

By supporting your own candidate in these elections, you do get yourselves known to other parties - but not in a good way. Regardless of your actual intentions, the impression carried across is more of the (and this is a quote by the way) 'will those stupid INGSOC people ever realise that they can't win?' (I know that this is not the case BTW). In short, your problem is that you can't gain anything except for infamy from standing until you have around half of the members the FDP do, in my personal estimate.
On the other hand, by supporting one of the two main candidates (and there are almost always 2 main candidates in any election) you do two things.
1. You secure a place to stand in congress in their party in following months (probably in somewhere like wales or yorkshire).
2. You build up bonds of trust between parties, bonds which will eventually lead to their supporting your candidate for CP.
3. You come off as a mature, intelligent party, full of people with good ideas.

I'm only putting this out there for posterity, but I would strongly advise you to take into consideration my points.
Thanks!
(If you want to get off to a good start, you could negotiate with the PCP about the upcoming elections Wink)
coram_boy
coram_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  KaisKais Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:18 pm

I agree to a degree with what coram boy said, but I think it's OK to run your own candidate as a default until you get into an alliance. There's always alliances for CP elections in the eUK, mainly the FDP-UKRP alliance, and UK Left.

KaisKais

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum