INGSOC Discussion Area
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ideas for the new players/jobs

+3
Samos1
frankblott
mike_fletcher
7 posters

Go down

ideas for the new players/jobs Empty ideas for the new players/jobs

Post  mike_fletcher Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Hello, i am mike fletcher a new member of INGSOC
What if, in order to stop players exploiting the new players with low skill levels in company's, we raise the minimum wage to an acceptable level, for example, 1 pound 30, and also have government owned Q1 company's specifically for new players, with the company's offering assistance to struggling players and the like?
mike_fletcher
mike_fletcher

Back to top Go down

ideas for the new players/jobs Empty Re: ideas for the new players/jobs

Post  frankblott Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:42 pm

Welcome to the forums mike,
The issue over the minimum wage is very controversial and the trouble is raising it does not hit the General managers as they just raise prices, however I do think that more government owned companies and also working with the unions would mean that companies who offered the minimum wage would become the exception and not (as now) the norm.

I think the idea of government compaies specifically to help newer players is a good idea especcially as they would not have to make a profit unlike privately owned companies.
Frankblott

Last edited by frankblott on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mike_fletcher Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:47 pm

I also believe it would be useful to set up some kind of organization that posts links to useful sites, company's, offers gifts to low wellness players, and offers understandable tutorials for new players - i joined eUK 2 months ago, and i can say from experience, the system at the moment is not very new-player friendly. even though the work/train system is simple enough, i found it hard at first to establish what else there is to do in the eWorld
mike_fletcher
mike_fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:51 pm

How would you suggest getting new players to read these tutorials, perhaps we should have a minister for new players or do you think we should advertise excessively?
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mike_fletcher Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:54 pm

well, constant advertisment could be an idea, but that would also be costly. however i believe side adverts would work (e.g. an advert saying "free food/gifts/help for players under level 10 for example), but yes a minister for new players could do alot of good, even if it just involved sending standard emails to new players
mike_fletcher
mike_fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:56 pm

I agree that a minister for new payers would be a great idea, shall we put it forward as a policy idea, or is there anything you want to add?
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mike_fletcher Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:00 am

yes i believe a minister for new players would be a great idea - its role can be debated , but should mainly consist of informing new players about wellness and jobs, aswell as any government benefits they are entitled too e.g. free food
mike_fletcher
mike_fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Samos1 Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:14 pm

mike_fletcher wrote:Hello, i am mike fletcher a new member of INGSOC
What if, in order to stop players exploiting the new players with low skill levels in company's, we raise the minimum wage to an acceptable level, for example, 1 pound 30, and also have government owned Q1 company's specifically for new players, with the company's offering assistance to struggling players and the like?

Hi
Since i'm a new eCitizen and a new memeber to party i hope that you understand my lack knowledge and experince that you guys have accumilated ,
i hope that induldge me in my opinon
but it is apparent that without state intervention in regards to that what mike f suggested into minimum wage new ecitizens would be discourged and fustated.
Samos1
Samos1

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:43 pm

The trouble is that the minimum wage is only for very new palyes (those with skill level 0), raising it would mean that general managers would be less inclined to employ level 0 workers, the obvious way to get round this is to have a great deal of state companies in order to raise wages as they would be non-profit of subsidised but this removes the need for raising the minimum wage anyway as the level 0 workers will go for those companies instead of the ones offering just the minimum wage.
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoshuaWhelan Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:49 pm

Raising the minimum wage will only upset the players who own companies, and make a loss of votes for the next election.

I think for now we should wait for a MoF who knows how to run an economy, as people seem to be thinking deflation is good. I'd move minimum wage at the rate of inflation every year.

JoshuaWhelan

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:59 pm

JoshuaWhelan wrote:Raising the minimum wage will only upset the players who own companies, and make a loss of votes for the next election.

Company owners make uo a small percentage of the population in comparison to those who work for them and they are unlikely to support a far-left party anyway
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoshuaWhelan Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:01 am

frankblott wrote:
JoshuaWhelan wrote:Raising the minimum wage will only upset the players who own companies, and make a loss of votes for the next election.

Company owners make uo a small percentage of the population in comparison to those who work for them and they are unlikely to support a far-left party anyway

Rising costs would effect everybody else. Razz It would make a loss of alot of votes.

JoshuaWhelan

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:04 am

JoshuaWhelan wrote:
Rising costs would effect everybody else. Razz It would make a loss of alot of votes.

Prices would not rise if we had more state-owned companies to keep them level Wink
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoshuaWhelan Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:06 am

frankblott wrote:Prices would not rise if we had more state-owned companies to keep them level Wink

Well still, if the wage is going to be raised it should be atleast level with the inflation rates, which atm are bad. :p

JoshuaWhelan

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:24 am

JoshuaWhelan wrote:
Well still, if the wage is going to be raised it should be atleast level with the inflation rates, which atm are bad. :p

I agree that would certainly be the best way to raise the minimum wage as it is a crime that it is just being left as it is despite inflation
also higher inflation would help lower level players but that should be pretty obvious anyway
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thebard56 Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:54 pm

When I was told about Erepublik (from a friend) I signed up straight away. I also got alot of my friends to sign up too, well I have thrived in erepublik because I have patience. It takes a while before you can do anything on erpublik. They got bored of just working and training and they just stopped. One of my friends is dead. I think that a higher wage (I read the previous posts so I know why it can't be done - but proving my point anyway) may keep new players more interested. I'm at lvl 13 now and I have a little bit of money. But that is because I sold some gold that I recieved at lvl 5. I am never going to be able to afford a house though. When I fight, I do it barehanded because I can't afford weapons.

And on the other side of the spectrum there are new managers that can't afford to pay their workers and buy new stock.

thebard56

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:15 pm

thebard56 wrote: I think that a higher wage may keep new players more interested.

Do you mean a higher minimum wage or higher wages generally

thebard56 wrote: And on the other side of the spectrum there are new managers that can't afford to pay their workers and buy new stock.

Wouldn't it be even harder for them if we raised the wages?
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thebard56 Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Yes it would be harder for them, which is why I said on the other side of the spectrum. We have to view this from all angles.

Oh and I meant minimum wage. But I think that rasing the minimum wage would probably raise the other wages slightly.

thebard56

Back to top Go down

Post  GGRyan Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:43 pm

Rising the minmum wage would have a terrible effect on our economy, putting companies out of business and lowering wages across the board. We, if we could, would be better lowering the minimum wage, but its impossible.

GGRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  frankblott Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:33 pm

I'm inclined to agree with GGRyan, the minimum wage is a very difficult issue and I think there are better ways of helping lower level players such as using state owned compaines to decrease the price of food and weapons. Every party is against raising the minimum wage and with good reason.

If you look at my article on TUP you will see that putting raising the minimum wage in our manifesto would have us being hammered by our opponents.

Although on a completely unrelated note do you think we should have some form of help for new general managers? Question
frankblott
frankblott
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GGRyan Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Thats actually an idea I support. I am not sure if you are familiar with the eUK Ministry system, however that could be something for the Ministry of Trade to implement; a department dedicated to advising and supporting new general managers to keep our economy.

I also think we should encourage our aspiring general managers to create foreign companies. A personal example of mine is Q1 Food. In the eUK, i'd have been bust within a week. In eHungary, I made a killer. We should aim to encourage international trade and "decrowd" our market.

GGRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  KaisKais Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:50 pm

My advice is get an apprenticeship in the Ministry of Trade, and put that forward. It'd gain you respect and influence.

KaisKais

Back to top Go down

Post  thebard56 Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:28 pm

I support the "help for managers" scheme that has been suggested, and can realise why the minimum wage is tricky to deal with.

thebard56

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down